There are several Universities and Colleges in South Africa. As a prospective student, it is normal to be confused about the university you might want to choose. This website was set up to clear your confusion. It is our hope that by browsing through this website, you will be well informed on your choice of school.
All you have to do is just click on the school of your choice or use the search bar to search for it , absorb the data and then decide on what to do.
Disclaimer :Unistats is in not in anyway connected with the institutions on this website. we do not hold a collaboration agreement with the institutions hence any reference to codes is a reference to the official university codes. Kindly contact the institution for details
South Africa Universities and Colleges
There are 26 public universities distributed across all 9 provinces in South Africa.
Public universities in South Africa are split into 3 types
List of Universities in South Africa
Traditional Universities: These Universities provide theoretically-oriented university degree programmes.
Universities of Technology (“Technikons”): These Universities provide vocational oriented diploma and degree programmes.
Comprehensive Universities: These Universities provide a combination of both traditional Universities qualifications and Universities of Technology qualifications.
Traditional Universities in South Africa
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Free State
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- North-West University (NWU)
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- Rhodes University (RU)
- University of Stellenbosch (SUN)
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Witwatersrand
- Mpumalanga University (MU)
- Sol Plaatje University (SPU)
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences (SMHS)
Comprehensive Universities in South Africa
- University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University of Information (NMMU)
- University of South Africa
- University of Venda (UNIVEN)
- Walter Sisulu University (WSU)
- University of Zululand
Unhttp://unistats.co.za/university-of-zululand-unizulu/iversities of Technology in South Africa
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- Central University of Technology (CUT)
- Durban University of Technology (DUT)
- Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT)
- Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- Vaal University of Technology (VUT)
Private Universities and Colleges in South Africa
- AFDA, The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance
- Auckland Park Theological Seminary
- Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa
- Boston City Campus and Business College
- Cornerstone Institute
- CTI Education Group
- Doxa Deo School of Divinity
- George Whitefield College
- IMM Graduate School of Marketing
- Inscape Design College
- Management College of Southern Africa
- Midrand Graduate Institute
- Milpark Business School
- Oval Education International
- Qualitas Career Academy
- Monash South Africa
- Regenesys Business School
- South African Theological Seminary
- St Augustine College of South Africa
- Stenden University South Africa
- Varsity College
Tvet Colleges in South Africa
What exactly is TVET?
Further Education and Training (FET) Colleges are now referred to as Technical Vocational and Training (TVET) colleges, this is due to an amendment made to Section 26 of the FET Amendment Act, 2013 (Act No. 1 of 2013). The concept of TVET has been introduced into the South African education and training industry as part of a drive to provide high-quality education and training that offers a wide range of learning options.
The programmes presented at False Bay TVET College are accredited by Sector Education and Training Authorities. Consult our Course pages for the relevant accreditation details